We are living in surreal times. The novel coronavirus COVID-19 has changed all of our lives for the forseeable future. Our priority is the health and safety of our clients, guests, colleagues, vendors and communities. Please see the CDC website for best practices to protect your health, what to do if you feel sick, and how to prepare you and your family for the long haul. We are all in this together, and we will emerge from it together too.
While San Francisco is on a "Shelter-In-Place" legal order, all Open Houses and Broker Tours have been cancelled until the end of May. As we all adjust to these new restrictions, some of our listings have been temporarily taken off the SFAR MLS but can be toured Virtually or by Private Appointment with your Agent. We will not overlap any private appointments to ensure your privacy and physical separation from others. Alternatively, you can tour our properties "virtually" (Facetime, Skype, Zoom) -- you stay home, we video-tour you around and through the property, answering your questions as we go. We have also uploaded a variety of photos, videos and walk-throughs here on our website to get you started. Please have your agent contact us for more information and any scheduling requests. Our Disclosure Packages are also available online, please send a request via email and we will send you a link.
Our listings will be re-entered onto the MLS after City and State officials have lifted the current access restrictions, and when we evaluate it is the best time to do so. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions on any of our listings. Stay Home! Stay Safe! Stop the Spread!
San Francisco’s Shelter-in-Place order of April 29, 2020 has maintained some of the previous restrictions, while also re-defining and relaxing others, that pertain to the working guidelines for REALTORS®:
1) The order extends the shelter-in-place restrictions until the end of May, 2020
2) The order defines Real Estate services as “Essential Businesses”.
3) SFAR has provided advice, guidelines and restrictions on Real Estate activity:
- No Open Houses
- No Broker Tours
- Residential viewings must only occur virtually;
- Or, if a virtual viewing is not feasible, by appointment with no more than two visitors at a time (ie, they are from the same household or living unit) and one individual showing the unit; and
- In-person visits are allowed when the occupant is still residing in the residence, but the occupant must vacate the property for the in-person showing.
- All in-person appointments must adhere to safety protocols of wearing a mask and 6' physical distancing.
- All visitors are to sign the CAR form 'Property Entry Advisory & Declaration".
May 12th Update:
Compass has received guidance from the California Department of Health and Cal/OSHA (the "Guidance") regarding the handling of real estate transactions, especially the showing of properties for sale. Pursuant to that guidance, Compass has created a "Shown Property COVID-19 Prevention Plan" (the "Plan") attached HERE, which is to be used as follows:
1. The Plan will be posted at the door of every property we show or enter, for each showing or entrance.
2. The Plan will be forwarded to every person entering the property, including prospective buyers or inspectors, by email prior to the entrance. It will be emailed with the PEAD and the person entering will be required to both sign the PEAD and acknowledge the Plan, promising to comply with its requirements while at the property.
3. Entry to the property constitutes an agreement to comply with the Plan.