How You Can Help Those Affected by the California Wildfires
November 14, 2018 | Source: Pacific Union Bay Area Real Estate Blog
All of us at Pacific Union and Compass would like to extend our sincere condolences to everyone affected by the Camp Fire in Northern California and the Woolsey Fire in Southern California. As these powerful wildfires continue to burn throughout our state, we have received reports that at least 10 of our Pacific Union and Compass family members have lost their homes.
Many have asked how they can help and where to direct support to individuals and families dealing with the sudden and tragic loss of their homes. We have established a fund to benefit those affected by the disasters. As of Monday Nov. 12, our real estate professionals and staff had contributed nearly $30,000 to support their colleagues. Please consider donating by clicking this link.
Your donations will be distributed to our Pacific Union and Compass families who need our support in rebuilding their lives. Thank you in advance for any contributions you can make — every donation, large or small, is much appreciated.
Here are a few additional ways that you can help:
- The California Association of Realtors has set up a Disaster Relief Fund to assist industry professionals who have been affected by the wildfires.
- The American Red Cross accepts donations for those affected by natural disasters.
- The California Community Foundation’s Wildfire Relief Fund supports immediate and long-term disaster-recovery efforts.
- The North Valley Community Foundation in Chico is accepting donations for those affected by the Camp Fire in Northern California.
- The United Way has established a fund for those affected by the Woolsey and Hill fires in Southern California.